Who doesn’t love a good giveaway?
I do, I do! The funny part is that I like to host giveaways more than anything else.
I mean, I don’t mind entering and/or promoting other people’s giveaways. Actually, I’ve been lucky enough to win some pretty cool prizes in the past.
But I still like to host them more than anything.
- Want to fast forward to the entry part?Click here!
- Want to learn why I host giveaways? Read on!
Why host giveaways?
In the spirit of transparency and educating you, dear reader, there are four main reasons I like to host a giveaway every so often:
1. They’re fun!
Seriously, giveaways are fun. I feel SO blessed when it comes to my business, my family and pretty much everything in my life.
So why not bless others in return? Why not pay it forward and get people excited about the chance to win a thousand dollars in prizes? Things that they might not purchase for themselves otherwise?
Revenue growth tip: One of the strategies that I think has contributed the most to my financial success is just being generous. With my time, with my money, by promoting others and by doing stuff like this. And it sure makes life taste sweeter!
2. They’re easy to promote.
Yes, blessing others is my primary goal. But bringing attention to HH (Fully Booked VA) is also on my radar.
Like anyone else, at times I have a hard time promoting myself and my products. But including a complimentary course enrollment as a part of a giveaway? Easy peasy!
And people sharing a giveaway… well, it’s not that hard to do. Especially with the King Sumo plugin that I use.
By sharing the giveaway, readers get more entries to win. And I get exposure. Win/win, right?
Affiliate marketing tip: I’ve added this post to the list of links that my affiliates can promote, so it’s SUPER easy for them to refer their audience here. And since our cookie lasts for 365 days, the odds are pretty good that it’ll be a profitable referral for them!
3. Giveaways are a list building strategy.
Remember that post where I shared how I grew my email list from less than 500 subscribers to almost 22k in less than two years? Well, hosting giveaways is one strategy that helped.
Was it my largest list growth activity? Nope. But again, it’s fun. And easy for people (including myself) to get excited about.
4. I can bring exposure to my products or other people’s.
There are affiliate links in this post. In fact, many of the products that are included were sponsored by companies that I was already an affiliate for or companies that I sought out after using their products myself.
That’s why it’s called “Gina’s Favorite Things.” 😉
So not only am I bringing exposure to my site, I’m also bringing exposure to the products I offer and to those that I’m an affiliate for. I have the opportunity to make sales for myself and as an affiliate.
Again, win/win! I’m all about duplicating results without having to duplicate effort!
I’m no Oprah…
Sadly, there are no cars up for grabs in this edition of Gina’s Favorite Things. I’ll work on that for next time! 😉
But there are some pretty cool prizes. So help me to celebrate my birthday by entering to win the Gina’s Favorite Things prize package!
- A 3-month Bean Box coffee sampler subscription, because online business owners thrive off of good coffee ($67 value).
- Your very own SELF Journal and set of 3 Sidekick Notebooks to help you get organized, laser-focused and CRUSH your goals over the next 12 weeks ($45 value)!
- Set of 7 Frixion erasable pens, so that you can write in COLOR (pink, anyone?) and erase your mistakes ($12 value).
- A custom Hitch Fit personal training plan to get your booty in gear and ready for swimsuit season ($413 value)!
- Your choice of either of the 30 Days or Less to Freelance Writing or Virtual Assistant Success courses to help you start a new freelance biz from scratch THIS MONTH ($147 value)!
- Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai with Blueberry candy – perfect for that chocolate craving after lunch ($10 value)!
- Complimentary enrollment in Rapid List Building, an online course to help you build an email list from scratch ($297 value).
*The coffee subscription will only ship to residents of the US.
$991 in prizes is up for grabs for one lucky winner – will it be you?
There’s also a second place prize!
As you’ll see from above, there are some physical prizes included in this go around. It’s the first time I’ve done that and we’ll see if I do it again (based on shipping prices, LOL).
This also the first time I’ve done a runner’s up prize. (At least I think it is…)
The grand prize winner wins ALL of the above. When I told my mom (who’s my newest VA, after she was unexpectedly laid off work in January), she was like, “For real?” And I was all, “Uh huh. I don’t play around!” 😉
So the runner up wins a SELF Journal and complimentary access to their choice of either 30DOL courses (an additional $179 value!). Fun, right?
Let’s win together!
You win by entering and hopefully taking home either the grand or runner’s up prize. You also win from learning some of my secrets re: why I host giveaways.
I win by feeling good about giving away free stuff. And gaining exposure for HH, my courses and products that I schlep as an affiliate. I also get the chance to build my email list.
So if you haven’t, go, enter and WIN!