I’ve been wanting to host an epic giveaway on the blog for some time.
In the past I’ve given away a six-month membership to Grammarly and most recently, a website audit from Grayson.
But neither of those things comes at all close to the giveaway I have for y’all today.
Are you excited?
Like jump up and down giddy excited?
If not, you should be. And I’m being totally serious!
This is an EPIC giveaway PERFECT for an aspiring freelance writer for the web.
How I Got Started
If you’ve been reading the blog long, you might know that I randomly ran across freelance writing for the web on April 15th, 2014. I was sitting at work one day, feeling unfilled and a bit unhappy in my current career.
The worst part? I didn’t feel like I was allowed to feel that way. After all, I had it pretty good.
I worked less than 15 minutes from home, never battled traffic, worked a 4-day workweek, got paid well and had amazing co-workers. Like the type that let me bring my infant along to work one day a week and whose wife watched our son for the first nine months of his life.
“It would have been so much easier if I hated my job or my boss.”
Regardless, my feelings of unfulfillment and that of having a larger purpose in life overtook the day-to-day benefits that I had in my former career and on that fateful day I was led to Leaving Work Behind. That was where I first learned that freelance writing or blogging for the web was a viable career option for me.
Instantly, I knew it was for me. I love to write, to communicate and to connect with others by sharing what I learn. So I set up my website, took a course and hustled harder than I ever have for anything (or at least that’s how it felt).
I was able to start my business for less than $200. Here are my exact expenses from May and June 2014, before I made a cent from writing:
- $95 for my url and a year’s worth of hosting services
- $49 to take a course
- $7 for a used Yahoo! Style Guide
- $20 for my first month’s job board subscription
I got my first unpaid gig, a mentor and my first paid job within two months of that fateful day. Over the last ~15 months, I’ve invested quite a bit more in my business, but that’s after I started making money.
For example, last month I grossed over $9,000 for the first time, but I spent more than $3,000 investing in my business. I’m cool with it, as I know they were smart investments that will pay off down the road.
Win a Chance to Launch Your Own Successful Freelance Writing Business
If I were to break down how I’ve been so successful, it would be due to a few key things:
- I learned from people smarter than I (through courses, blogs, etc.).
- I had support from my husband, peers, coach and other webpreneurs.
- I hustled hard (I used to wake up at 4:30 am EVERY DAY to work on my freelance biz before my day job).
- And lastly, I had mad perseverance (I never gave up!).
And today, I want to give you the chance to win the most epic aspiring freelance writer giveaway ever!
What Does It Include?
- Complimentary admission to 30 Days or Less to Freelance Writing Success, worth $99 (or two coaching sessions with me if you’ve already taken it)
- A copy of Double Your Freelancing Rate, worth $299 (which helped me to up my game and my rates last year)
- Enrollment in Solopreneur’s Finance course, worth $77 (which will help you understand/implement all things small business finance)
- A year’s membership to Paid to Blog Jobs, worth $260 (the same job board I started out with)
- An annual membership to FreshBooks, worth $240 (for all of your accounting/invoicing needs)
- A 3-month WordPress Support and Maintenance plan, worth $120 (to help you keep your site up and running, allowing you to focus on building your new freelance writing business)
Total Value: $1,095
How to Enter:
Is There Only One Winner?
Yes and no.
There’s only one BIG winner, but don’t worry I do have a runner’s up prize for three of you!
If you don’t win the whole shabang, but are one of the other lucky three, you’ll get your choice of the “Starter package” of 30 Days or Less to Freelance Writing Success, worth $59 (the full course plus access to the private Facebook group) OR a half hour coaching session, worth $50 with yours truly (if you’ve already taken the course).
What are you waiting for? Go.Enter.NOW!