Who doesn’t love a giveaway?
I hosted two epic giveaways on Fully Booked VA in 2015. So it’s about time for another, don’t you think?
It comes on the cusp of launching version two of 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success.
Are you excited?
Like jump up and down giddy excited?
If not, you should be. And I’m being totally serious!
Because this EPIC giveaway is PERFECT for an aspiring virtual assistant. But don’t worry, if you’re not a VA, you’re still going to love what’s included (you can always gift away the course if you want)!
How I Got Started
If you’ve been reading the blog long, you might know that I randomly ran across freelance writing for the web on April 15th, 2014. I was sitting at work one day, feeling unfilled and a bit unhappy in my current career.
The worst part? I didn’t feel like I was allowed to feel that way. After all, I had it pretty good.
I worked less than 15 minutes from home, never battled traffic, worked a 4-day workweek, got paid well and had amazing co-workers. Like the type that let me bring my infant along to work one day a week and whose wife watched our son for the first nine months of his life.
Regardless, my feelings of unfulfillment and that of having a larger purpose in life overtook the day-to-day benefits that I had in my former career. Fortunately for me, my search led me to the right resources.
And I learned that freelance writing or blogging for the web was a viable career option.
Instantly, I knew it was for me. I loved to write, to communicate and to connect with others by sharing what I learned. So I set up my website, took a course and hustled harder than I ever have for anything (or at least that’s how it felt).
And then a few months later I took on my first VA client. That was what allowed me to put in my notice and leave work behind, just eight months after looking into this crazy new world of online business.
I was able to start my business for less than $200. Here are my exact expenses from May and June 2014, before I made a cent from freelancing:
- $95 for my url and a year’s worth of hosting services
- $49 to take a course
- $7 for a used Yahoo! Style Guide
- $20 for my first month’s job board subscription
Fast forward to today and I have a regular roster of both writing and VA clients. In fact, I could more than pay the bills working part-time hours if I chose to.
But I don’t. Because it’s kinda fun to see where I can take this whole online business thing.
For example, last month my gross income was $24,893, but I had almost $10,000 in expenses. My exepenses are so high, because I don’t do it alone. I now pay multiple people (including three VAs of my own) to help me operate Fully Booked VA.
But hey, it’s working!
Win a Chance to Launch Your Own Successful Virtual Assistant Business
If I were to break down how I’ve been so successful, it would be due to a few key things:
- I learned from people smarter than me (through courses, blogs, etc.).
- I had support from my husband, peers, coach and other webpreneurs.
- I hustled hard (I used to wake up at 4:30 am EVERY DAY to work on my freelance biz before my day job).
- And lastly, I had mad perseverance (I never gave up!).
And today, I want to give you the chance to win the most epic virtual assistant giveaway yet!
What does it include?
Over $1,100 in prizes including:
- A VA Course! Snag the brand new Rockstar package of 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success, which includes 57+ lessons, 26 enhanced resources, quizzes, certification, beta access to the VA MatchMaking Service, a personalized hire me page review and 30 minute 1:1 coaching session from me! Value = $399
- A Year’s Worth of Hosting and a Url! If you don’t have a website yet, you do now! You’ll get 12 months worth of hosting from Web Hosting Hub, plus your own domain name. Value = $84.
- A New Theme! Grab the WordPress Premium Genesis Theme of your choice and have it installed for you by my friend Carlos Aguilar to take your website to the next level: Value = $400
- An Annual Subscription to Tailwind! Start pinning and instagramming like a pro with a year’s subscription to an amazing social media planning tool that’s allowed me to grow my Pinterest presence LIKE CRAZY in the first quarter of 2016. Value = $120
- An Annual Subscription to Buffer! Another AWESOME social media tool to help you rock your Facebook and Twitter presence. Value = $102
- 3 Months of FreshBooks to invoice your new clients, keep track of your time and your expenses. Value = $60
Total Value: $1,165
With a brand new beautiful website, an in-depth course to help you learn the VA ropes, annual memberships to cutting edge social media management tools, accounting and invoicing software and 1:1 attention from me, you’ll have literally everything you need to start your new career as a virtual assistant.
Alright, I’m excited – so how do I enter?
It’s pretty easy – go here, answer one simple (multiple choice) question and add your email address to enter. Then share socially to significantly increase your odds of winning.
Just think, less than five minutes of work on your part could equate to your most successful business year yet!